- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in compliance for third-party medical billing companies.
- 5+ years of experience leading a compliance function.
- In-depth billing, coding, documentation and other expertise pertaining to third-party medical billing.
- Compliance certifications preferred- specifically commercially reasonable certifications with respect to healthcare and coding (for example, a Certificate in Health Care Compliance).
- Experience developing and implementing policies, procedures and controls.
- Ability to be strategic, pragmatic and creative in finding ways to solve problems and build and enhance compliance while also supporting the Data Division’s primary business objectives.
- Ability to analyze and understand facts and risks and make recommendations based on likelihood and magnitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop strong relationships and handle difficult situations with diverse people in software development, product management, site reliability engineering, information technology, human resources, legal, privacy, sales and other divisions.
- Outstanding listening, communication, team building, project management, leadership, presentation and training skills and the ability to translate complex concepts into plain English.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to clearly, concisely and precisely communicate in plain English.
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to independently, pragmatically and creatively resolve key issues.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrated organizational, detail orientation, prioritization skills and time management skills to ensure that work related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented, high demand and fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude and even temperament.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work with highly sensitive data and information.
- Solid communication skills to effectively deal with various levels of management, staff and outside contacts.
- Effective listening skills to ensure understanding of instructions and directions and effectively communicate progress and problems to co-workers and management.
ZOLL values diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.